Monday 24 October 2011

Challenge #10 - Marie

Good afternoon everyone !
It's Marie
and my turn to set today's challenge....
  I have chosen for my theme


 embossing be it wet or dry !

Embossing can create fabulous texture on a card or layout and there are so many possibilities. Here are a few cards I  have made using both wet and dry embossing . I have used a variety of materials, card , felt and vellum but you can use whatever your imagination allows  ( and your embossing machine !)


Η σειρά της Marie's σήμερα
και σας προκαλεί να κάνετε


ανάγλυφο
επάνω στην κάρτα σας


μπορείτε να κάνετε ανάγλυφο  με σκόνες και το heat gun
ή
με το die cut machine σας
 μπορείτε να κάνετε ανάγλυφο επάνω σε τσόχα, χαρτόνι, διαφάνεια
και όπου αλλού μπορείτε να φανταστείτε!

Παρακάτω σας εχει κάποια παραδείγματα...

Ανάγλυφο σε τσόχα, χρησιμοποιώντας το big shot...

made a simple card using my spellbinders nested die  to cut the base card and then the felt . The card base and larger layer of felt I passed through my bigshot machine and embossed them with a Stamping Up text embossing folder. The top layer of felt I double embossed .I took one of my favourite Sissix embossing folders and using my brayer rolled ink on the inside of one half of the folder and then passed it through my big shot. as you can see the ink has gone only on the raised part of the embossing. One tip here if using ink to emboss on felt always choose a light coloured felt and a dark ink for best results.




Ανάγλυφο(με big shot) με ταυτοχρονη σφράγιση με μελάνι...

Wont bore you with all the card details here just wanted to show you what it looks like if you ink a different side of the embossing folder in this case I wanted the background to be inked not the pattern and this was achieved by inking the indented part of the embossing folder with the brayer




Ανάγλυφο σε διαφάνεια και θερμό ανάγλυφο στο κέντρο της κάρτας...

This next card has to be one of my favourites. Using  Tim Holtz on the edge die I made my card base I then used spellbinders nested frames to cut 3 three shapes the black border is made from foam rubber the aperture window from vellum which I embossed and the black panel in the centre is from very heavy card. I wet embossed the black centre piece with using Hero Arts gold embossing powder and my heat tool. I then covered it with glossy accents which gave it a lovely shiny affect and while it was still drying added a button from my stash.



Ανάγλυφο χρησιμοποιώντας το big shot ,

ταυτόχρονη σφράγιση με versamark και θερμό ανάγλυφο...

This card is a little on the kitsch side but have to say it looks fabulous in real life. I embossed some gold card for the top part of the card and then double embossed the bottom part using the brayer technique once again. Only in this case I brayered the inside of the embossing folder with Versamark clear embossing ink and then passed the card through the big shot. I then sprinkled Hero Arts embossing powder over the surface and then used my heat tool to fix the image. Depending on which side of the embossing folder you ink up you will get a different effect. Here I wanted the background to be golden. The little button on the bottom is card which I have stamped with a crackle effect with clear embossing ink then once again gold embossing powder was added and the glossy accents.

Ανάγλυφο με το big shot και θερμο αναγλυφο...

For this card I made my own background using my brayer and various distress inks until I got the desired effect. I embossed the base card and some of the cut offs of the background paper .  The Stamp is Hero arts which I embossed with Ranger Distress ink which gives a  non shiny effect . 




Ανάγλυφο χρησιμοποιώντας το big shot...


For this card I actually only embossed on the inside of the card I made a little pocket which I dry embossed and then made a little tag to fit inside I only embossed the top half and then ran some distress ink lightly over the text to make it stand out a little. Left the bottom half of the tag plain for a handwritten message.


The winner of my challenge will receive two textured impressions embossing folders by Sizzix , Powdered Sugar and Snow Globe set, Ranger Distres Embossing Powder in Vintage Photo and some Prima Retro Buttons.
Ο νικητής της προκλησής μου θα λάβει τα παρακάτω δωράκια!


So come on ladies and Get Creative but above all have some fun !

Marie

8 comments:

  1. is very nice the challenge .. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Πολύ ωραια προκληση με πάρα πολλές κάρτες και διαφορετικες τεχνικές!!!
    Well done Marie...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work marie!! Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Marie lots of fab inspiration :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Καταρχήν να θαυμάσω όλες τις κάρτες και το ταλέντο σου Marie! Και να σε ευχαριστήσω για το δωράκι που έχεις για εμάς! Νομίζω για μένα είναι από τις πιο δύσκολες προκλήσεις! Για να δούμε τι θα καταφέρω?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your cards are so elegant!!!soooooooooooooo chic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bravo. and thank you for that challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Γειά σου Μαρία!Πολύ όμορφες κάρτες!!!Μπράβο!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that fun challenge and all of your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete